All You Need to Know About 360-degree Laser Levels: How They Work, What They Are Good For, and More!
When creating a brand-new construction site or remodeling an old one, your desire is to make sure that the construction site aligns. To achieve this, laser alignment and levels must be used. You’ll utilize this to verify the accuracy of your foundation and walls, as well as the functionality of any doors or windows.
Therefore, you should be familiar with 360 degree laser levels. These kinds of laser leveling tools are great for assuring the accuracy of circular surfaces during ground-level construction jobs.
What is a 360-degree Laser Level?
A 360 laser level is a tool that employs lasers to measure heights, angles, and distances. These kinds of laser leveling tools are frequently used on building sites to make sure that surfaces are straight and level. These laser levels are frequently referred to as “full-circle” laser levels since they are able to measure angles and distances in addition to the level’s centerline.
Since doors and walls at construction sites are frequently crooked, these types of laser levels can assist in ensuring that everything on the site is level by measuring the angles and distances around the circle’s diameter.
How Does a 360-degree Laser Level Work?
When you use a laser level to measure distances and angles, you are essentially reading the distance and angle of an item with a laser. When you light a laser level on a surface, the device calculates the distance and angle of that surface. This information can then be used by the gadget to calculate the distance and angle of any other surface.
Lasers function by “bouncing” off any surface. When the laser collides with a surface, it is redirected back to the laser level. Then, when the laser level receives the second “bounce,” it takes a surface reading. Lasers perform so effectively for measuring distances and angles because of this “bounce-bounce-bounce” pattern!
Uses For a 360-degree laser level:
- Making sure that walls and floors are straight and level
A level with the ability to measure angles and distances around the circumference of a circle allows you to check that the walls and floors are straight and level. Using a level like this can help ensure that doors and windows open and close properly, and that walls are straight and level when done.
- Ensuring that staircases are straight and level
If you are building a new home or upgrading an old one, you will most likely need to check the angle and distance of your staircases. A 360 degree laser level can assist you in ensuring that your staircases are straight and level.
- Checking the angles and distances of doors and windows
When building or remodeling a home, you will almost certainly need to check the angles and distances of your doors and windows. Using a laser level to measure angles and distances around the circle’s diameter can help to guarantee that everything appears flawless.
- Checking the angles of walls
If you are building a new home or remodeling an existing one, you will almost certainly need to check the angles of your walls. Without a laser level that can measure angles and distances around the circumference of the circle, this can be challenging.
Advantages of a 360-degree laser level
1. Easy to Use: 360 degree laser levels are remarkably easy to use. You only need to set it up on the surface you wish to measure, turn it on and fire the laser on the surface, and get the readings from the laser to the surface.
2. Accuracy: 360 laser levels also provide very high accuracy. They can make measurements that are within a few millimeters, making them one of the most accurate types of laser-level devices available.
3. Versatility: Perhaps one of the most crucial advantages of a 360-degree laser is its versatility. Using a 360-degree laser level, you can take measurements around the circumference of a circle. You can also use them to measure distances and angles around the edge of a surface.
4. Durability: Many 360 degree laser level makers emphasize durability. As a result, they are usually very sturdy and resistant to wear and tears, and other workplace hazards.
Disadvantages of a 360-degree Laser Level
1. Requires a Clear View: In order to use 360-degree types of laser-level devices, you will need to ensure that there is a clear view of all surfaces you wish to measure. You cannot use these types of laser-level devices if there is a tree, building, or other obstruction in the way.
2. Takes Some Time to Learn: 360-degree laser-level devices take a little bit of time to learn how to use them properly. You will need to learn the “bounce-bounce-bounce” pattern of the lasers, which can be difficult.
3. Heterogenous Light: The illumination in a circle’s inconsistent brightness is another drawback. In other words, not all of the laser line’s brightness is uniform throughout. In some places, it is significantly less brilliant.
4. Expensive: All laser levels that emit a circular optical beam are logically more expensive than standard 2D levels that solely take centerline measurements. Although there are some that are significantly less expensive, it is important to remember that accuracy will decrease as price decreases. So, if you want the best accuracy, and have the funds, this is a good idea.
How to Choose the Right Laser Level for You
1. Consider the Environment: You may need to consider environmental issues that affect your construction site depending on where you are building or upgrading. If you are building on an island or along the coast, for example, you must ensure that your construction site is as level as possible.
2. Consider the Amount of Work You Have: Before purchasing a laser level, consider how accurate you require it to be. 2D laser level systems, for example, only measure along the centerline and do not measure around the circumference of the circle. These laser levels are useful if you only need to measure along the centerline of a surface.
3. Consider the Length of the Project: You may need to make different options when selecting your laser level depending on the length of the project. If you are constructing a larger project, such as a house or a large building, obtain a laser level that can measure around the circle.
4. Consider the Budget: Depending on how much money you want to spend on your laser level, you may need to consider different factors. For example, if you want the most precision, you should consider purchasing a laser level that can measure the circumference of a circle. However, you must understand that they’re quite pricey.
Overall, 360-degree laser levels provide outstanding precision for ground-level construction operations. They are simple to operate, precise, and adaptable, making them an excellent choice for contractors.